Thursday, August 23, 2007

She Stepped In It


Okay, now that things have settled and the kids are playing I can relax and relay my story.

You see one-year-olds have the ability to remove their diapers. (Do you know where this is going??) I mean, its only velcro so what's so difficult right? Well Katie's in the habit of removing her diaper quite frequently and most times I just let her be. They came into the world naked, and they have no shame still, so why not let her enjoy the freedom while its cute to see a little tush running around the house.

Any way, she removed her diaper. What I didn't realize is she pooped. Not only did she poop, she stepped in it! Only thing is I didn't know this until she came prancing into the living room with her foot covered in poop! Now you think I would be grossed out or whatever, but after 3 years of changing poo-poo diapers it was the least of my concerns. I was most freaked out about poop being all over the floor from the kitchen to the living room. Not that it's a great distance, but still... So first of course I cleaned up the kid, that was the easy part.

What really struck me is how stumped I was on how to clean the floor. Do I get on my hands and knees with a towel and bleach? No that's too close to inhaling fumes and the girls are here. Do I mop? Then I have to worry about keeping them off the floor, cause it gets really, super slippery when the tile is wet. It took me like 5 minutes to think of how to proceed. I was dumbfounded on how to do this. Weird. Well I mopped. I blocked of the area with chairs to keep Katie off the wet floor and every thing is fine now.

What a morning!!!

I've heard that stepping in dog doo is good luck. Any luck for stepping in your own??!!! LOL

2 comments:

Jescel said...

yeah.. you were lucky you didn't step on it too! LOL!

Joseph said...

holly, check this link out...itss really relevant...LOL
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294783,00.html