Monday, August 20, 2007

Greatness

I'm sitting here watching Sesame Street with the girls. Well Katie has fallen asleep. But Ernie is imagining himself being a knight and sailor. It made me think (yes SS can be thought provoking!) Notice how we always daydream about greatness. I mean when we have little fantasies, we always have greatness - great dancer, world known singer, millionaire, skateboarder extraordinaire, etc. Great at whatever is our passion, or secret passion. And though these thoughts of greatness may have a sense of nobility behind them (like using your millions to help the unfortunate, etc) we never daydream about being less.

This led to the thought that I will never be great. I mean in the scheme of things I am unknown to the world. You will never see my life's story on the Biography channel, or a mention of me in history books. I won't even make "Where are they now?" For those I've known in the past, I'm a face in the crowd. We may remember faces, but honestly how many names do we really remember? Maybe only those who were dear to us at a specific time in our lives. And even some of those names elude me more often than not. Don't worry this isn't as depressing as it sounds. While I may remain anonymous to the world, Someone knows how many hairs are on my head.

Its funny to think that God created me, knew of me before the beginning of the world! He fashioned me, weaved my DNA together to make me who I am. I totally believe that my past experiences (which God controls), good and bad, have shaped me into the person I am today. Someone who can be used by Him.

Well I've been asked to help build a sandcastle by Emily made out of the bed sheets. Hope it's not too sandy! :)

Remeber, you are KNOWN, LOVED, & GREAT in the eyes (and heart) of the King of Kings!!!



Psalm 139:13-16
Jeremiah. 1:5

3 comments:

Jescel said...

great post, Hol. I didn't know Sesame Street is spiritual.. LOL..

Big Sister said...

Thanks. Well God's in everything right?! LOL

Jescel said...

SINGING: Sunny days....keeping the clouds awayyyyy.......wont you be my neighbor!!!((big fan of that OTHER GUY, Mr. Rodgers))ahem, joseph :O)