Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Little Girl Turns 3



Well it's official, my Emily turned 3 today! It made me cry to remember that only 3 years ago I gave birth to this little girl, my first born. This little, delicate being who made me a mommy. The reason we are now a family.

You want the baby back - and yet you're excited to see the person they will become. So you spend a lot of time praying that God will give you the wisdom you need to lead them the way they should go. Boy, being a parent is hard. You have to discipline when all you want is to spoil them. You want to hold them forever, but your ultimate goal is to teach them to do for themselves so they can go into the world. You pray that you do it right. The hard part is you have to wait years before you know if you did it right! Aaagh!!!

I realized today that all the times my parents said no, there WAS a good reason for it. Oh no, I'm a parent!!! Hope my parents don't read this!!!

2 comments:

Marcy Ribeiro said...

hey holly,
omg..i forgot to wish the little lady a happy birthday...Happy Birthday Emily!!!! and i loved the post about katie and the poops...my mom says happy birthday too..she couldn't leave a comment for some reason....byeee

Big Sister said...

thanks! i'll pass on the happy birthday. i can laugh about poop now.