Friday, December 14, 2007

Oh NO!!

Yes here it is folks another poo-poo tale. I don't remember Emily providing us (me) with so many interesting tales. Well the short of it is Katie pooped. Only she was bouncing up and down in her highchair. I was sitting on the couch with Emily, talking to my handsome hubby when Katie strolled over. I realized there was something on her arm. OH NO!!! GOTTA GO!! POOP EMERGENCY!!

I hung up, grabbed Katie and headed upstairs to the tub. What else can you do? That's when I realized the gravity of the situation. There was poo on the front of her shirt, the back of her arm, down her legs, of course all over her tush. I stripped off the shirt ever so carefully then the diaper and bathed her.

The whole time all I could think of is "what does it look like downstairs?" Luckily Emily was engrossed in a Spongebob episode. So as soon as it was safe, I ran downstairs to face my nemesis, the poo. Praise the Lord it was confined to her highchair! To share in my disgust there was a nice little smooshy spot on the chair and some on the arms and the foot. So with lots of paper towels and some Clorox spray I cleaned up the smelly mess. I smelled everything I could - cause on brown chairs and table and floor how else are you going to know - I was elated to discovered that it remained isolated to the highchair. She must have climbed down and walked right over to me. Thank goodness she doesn't like having poo-poo in her diaper and lets me know almost immediately (unless she's having fun).

So that was my exciting day. Hope yours was less eventful. Thanks for sharing in my messy moment.

4 comments:

Joseph said...

i rejoice with you...my day was poopoo, too...LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I feel your pain. At the preschool I work at I've had to clean up a few poopoo accidents myself.
Bleh. lol. It's really awful...but hey, somebody's gotta do it!

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. I know what you went through.
Please send me your e mail address.
thanks,
Jo Barham
BarhamFl@hotmail.com

Jescel said...

gross as it may have been, but I wish I was there to see everything.. katie is just too cute! :o)