Friday, December 7, 2007

Away We Go

We finally got an email from Pastor John. He has extended a call to us to go and serve in South Africa! I think right now I'm numb. Waiting so long, I think I was prepared for a no and now that it's a yes I don't know how I feel about it. Kevin is excited of course. I guess I just really never believed it would be us. I was so excited in the beginning, but as time went on I found myself less excited. Maybe it was just the frustration of waiting. I'm sure as it sinks in, things will pick up for me.

Now the real rush begins. Getting everything in order, visas, what to do with our stuff, our dog, our home. We'll need to raise funds (so look for your support letter soon :)). So if you know anyone who needs some stuff send them our way. We'll be selling off most of our stuff - cars, furniture, etc. Let the bidding war begin over our 42" plasma, not even a year old yet!

Thanks for all your prayers and we hope you will continue to do so as we prepare to leave. Pray for the kids. Though they are little I'm most concerned about the plane ride (22 hours) and Emily who is very much a creature of habit and this will throw her off completely. We know that this is God's will, it's what we've prayed for all along, to be in His will. so we know all will work out fine, but it's still a big transition.

We'll keep you up-to-date on the progress of everything. While Pastor John wants us there by Feb, I think it will be more like mid-March, but we'll see how God works. We'll get there on His timing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you!!!!!We know the Lord will deal with all the details as He always does. The people of South Africa will be touched by your love and your caring ways. Remember when we sat in the missionary's house...who would of thought at that moment that you would be there some day.This is such good news!!!

Love you,
Maria

Dave and Vicky said...

Wow.... I can't believe it... I'm sure we will talk more about it....
We are super excited and of course will continue to pray for you all.
Vic

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
I'm so happy for you! It's going to be so great to go to South Africa. I'm probably more excited than you are right now. ;-)

About the photos...unless you have a myspace account you probably won't be able to view them there. :-(
But lucky for you I did post a few on my deviant account! Accessible to all.
just go to http://kristelfatima.deviantart.com
I didn't post as many there, but whatev'. You'll get the gist. ;-)

Jescel said...

I don't know how to feel, whether to be happy or to be sad. I know I should be glad, but I guess my selfishness is my prevalent emotion as of this time.. I just didn't expect for you guys to go so soon, and to another continent.. I thought you were just going to Tennesse!!!
But God has honored the desires of your heart. Don't worry about the details, He'll work it out for you... At least, we have somebody now to visit in South Africa, huh? See you later... I gotta start crying now...

Jescel said...

Oh by the way.. what do you mean auctioning off the Plasma.. we already said we'll watch it for you! JOe cannot believe it! LOL!

Stacie said...

We are thrilled!! I am also so proud of you. Who would have ever thunk those 2 crazy bachelor friends would marry such beautiful women and drag us all around the world in the name of our Lord? Email of moving to another country info to come. You'll be so ready to settle in after the hectic pace of getting ready. I remember thinking it wouldn't matter if I landed in some bush house as long as I didn't have to fill in another piece of important paperwork. We'll be praying for you. Kiss the girls for us.

Joseph said...

I know you guys are trying to raise funds, BUT now you are reduced to selling your 42 inches of [your] PLASMA? Whats next...kidneys, lungs, or other vital organs??? Geez, missionary work is more demanding than we thought! Call us if youre a pint or two low, ok :OP