Thursday, October 11, 2007

So Sweet!

Okay, I have to brag, my Emily did something so sweet today. My poor little Katie is hating life. I am desperately trying to ween her. She's still nursing too often. Emily was completely weened by now. Anyway, as I wrestled with my 15 month old over not nursing I finally got fed up and sat her on the couch to get over it. I figured holding her was just too much temptation, plus I was tired of physically fighting her.

So I'm in the kitchen finishing up prep-work for dinner when I hear big sister Emily sit down next to her little sister, say "don't cry" and give her a kiss. OMG it's the absolute cutest, sweetest thing ever!!!! She was comforting her little sister. It is so tender to see not only her comforting her little sister, but to know she understands and chose to try to help another person.

3 comments:

Joseph said...

thats sooo cool. youre a good mom,holly, I'm sure that's why they are becoming good little-people.

Dave and Vicky said...

Holly hang in there. She will eventually sleep on her own and give you a break :).
I love when my boys comfort each other. That's the best thing knowing that they have each other and that they love each other.
BTW..thanks for letting hang out with you last night.

Anonymous said...

Aww...that IS cute. :-)