Tuesday, October 23, 2007

In One Voice

Sunday's worship was especially great for me. Not that the songs or anything were more inspiring it was more the atmosphere. It says that we will continually worship our Lord and God in heaven. When we worship here on earth we are participating in that heavenly worship service. As we sing songs to our God, those in His presence are singing as well. It makes me think of those who have gone home - loved ones, heroes of the faith known and unknown. Worship is the one time we do something with them. We worship here while they worship there - but we are worshipping together. That's why it was best this Sunday. The music was lower than usual and you could really hear the voices even though I was in the back. You could hear the whole congregation singing and worshipping God. That's what makes the worship especially good for me - when I can hear everyone as we worship our God and Savior together in one voice.

No comments: