Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We're Still Here

Thought I'd stop by and say hi to those of you who keep in contact via blog. We're still trying to figure out what's what. Some days are fine (most days), but some days are full of anger (like today) at our situation, at the person who we feel put us here, and just the general state of our lives.
I've often thought about how our lives (people in general) go day by day, yet for someone, today is not an ordinary day. As one person lives their life as they lived it yesterday, for another today is absolutely nothing like yesterday. I feel like that person. I know life goes on, why shouldn't it, but for me, today (figuratively speaking) is NOTHING like yesterday. Yesterday I was serving God, working with kids, learning how to live in a foreign country. Yesterday I was seeing kids come to know Christ as Lord, seeing Him change their lives. Hoping to see them moved radically for God. Yesterday we were planning a high school ministry to reach "the unreachable."
Today I'm (we're) trying to figure out what happened. Why am I now living with my parents, with seemingly no foreseeable future. Now I'm wondering what it was all about, why we were asked (by man and God) to go in the first place.
I know, I know, God has a plan. I know He is faithful. Its just hard when you're sitting in the pit to see that tiny speck of light at the top and wonder when and if you'll be able to make it out.
I'm tired of thinking about it. I'm tired of waiting for something, anything to happen. We are moving, we are looking, we are interviewing, we are trying, but every thing's in slow motion. Every thing's so far off. Each option has hope, each option has pros, but each option has its obstacles.
Okay, I didn't mean this to be a bandage ripped off for you to see the wounds - but I'm going to post it anyway. Why not right? To sort of segue a bit, I was thinking about 2008. What did it teach me? What did I get from it?
• God can ask an awful lot!
• Man, no matter how righteous he APPEARS to be, is still man
• We have an amazingly supportive family
• We have some amazing friends! (You will never truly know how much your words of encouragement from start to finish have meant.)
• We have been so blessed by those who's faces we've never had the pleasure to glance upon.
• God can speak to us so clearly that we can't hear anything else
• I have an amazingly, humble, and heroic husband.
• God loves me and He knows
• I'm "empty-handed by I'm safe in His hand"

No comments: