Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday

Just wanted to take a moment and say Happy birthday to my wonderful husband! He is my hero, best friend and the rest. (Don't want to get too mushy). I always say after all these years (18 years- wow!) I still like him so much!
He's the best daddy. He loves his girls more than anything. He's their daddy, and you couldn't tell him or them anything different! He's always a source of strange information. He knows really weird words, like pugilist, and almost every geographical position of every country of the world. I didn't even know the position of all the States until I married him (shame I know). He's taught me lots about things I had no interest in before, but now can at least have an intelligent conversation.
He's often the braun when we do what ever project I've convinced him we can do. He's my jester, confidant, debator, political insider and sports almanac and encyclopedia. Though I can do a play-by-play pretty well, if I do say so (and I do). No, I don't always agree with his point of view, but don't tell him that! :)
So just wanted to brag on the perfect husband (yeah, I know you THINK your husband is perfect too - but my husband IS perfect - for me!) Okay, maybe not perfect, but close enough. God gave me the man I needed, strong but gentle. He's not afraid to say what needs to be said if the occasion calls for it. So very long ago, on one of our first dates we were at a restruarnt. He returned his steak because it wasn't cooked the way he liked it. For some reason that impressed me (still remember it 18 years later!) I guess cause I would have just eaten it.
He's a man who loves his family, and loves his Lord. He's heart's desire is to serve Him and to walk the path that God has for us. He wants to hear those words (as do we all) "Well done good and faithful servant." He's probably more knowledgeable than some of you may think, that's accolades for Pastor Basile who encouraged him even when he was far from home.
He's a servant of his country, having served in the Air Force and a provider for his family. He's generous, kind, loving and I couldn't have been blessed with a better life partner. I still like him so very much!
Happy Birthday Mr. Logan, you are loved, honored and adored by your little family and I dare say, by your friends as well.


Also wanted to share some photos from Christmas up until this weekend. For those not on Facebook, click here to see the pictures.

4 comments:

Jescel said...

Happy birthday, Kevin! I'm glad that we're friends (then you can be our almanac and encyclopedia too :o)

More of Jesus and less of you!
More of anointing, wisdom and favor. Supernatural and divine appointments. May His Kingdom and His will be done in you and through you!

Dave and Vicky said...

Happy bday Kevin!!

Anonymous said...

that a beautiful letter.. I am not your husband and you made me cry!..happy late b-day, but thank you also for sharing those beautiful feelings to with us.

love,Tainna.
p.d. how can I get in contact with you??

Anonymous said...

Tainna,
you can email us at logans.africa@gmail.com