Monday, January 5, 2009

Fashion Diva

Our Emily is getting bigger. I know, that happens despite our desire for them to stay little and cute. So once we got back and had the luxury of wearing shorts more often I realized that many of her shorts no longer fit! Wow. I guess a year of winter can do that. So with Christmas money in hand we headed to our favorite store - Target. As I browsed around I found these cute plaid shorts. Well, I thought they were cute.
They came in three colors - pink, blue, and green. I asked Emily which color she wanted. She said she didn't like them. I thought she was just too busy climbing through the clothes to be bothered. So I grabbed a blue pair.
I find its easier to take clothes home to try on and return them rather than trying them on at the store. And that's what I did. I waited until we got home and Emily was in a more calm state of mind and tried on the three pairs of shorts I had purchased.
When I tried on the cute plaid shorts, she said, "Mommy, I don't like these."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because people will see me in them and they look silly." was her response.
Oh, no, I thought, she's developed a fashion sense! No more making her wear what I think is cute! So I was a dutiful mom and returned the shorts (which were too big anyway) and replaced them with a skirt, which she happily wore the next day. So now I'll have to ask her opinion before buying her clothes. I'll just have to be careful about those $100 jeans and $200 shoes she'll be begging me for in a few years!

As a side note, I'm working on the Christmas pics. Will post some with a video hopefully tomorrow. Now that the holidays are official over we've got lots to do to get ourselves up and running again. Blessings on the new year and see ya soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is really tall!!..at least as remember her at doral. shorts are cute, but yes, they develop their own fashion stile...I love to discove that in my kids.. they are now 15 & 10 and they have a very nice own stile.


Regards,

Tainna

Dave and Vicky said...

hey there..sorry we missed you yesterday. I can't catch up with myself. After this trip we will have the long holiday MLK weekend to hang out. I love watching our children develop such funny personalities.
:) Jon could care less about fashion but he sure has an opinion about how I look and what I wear..jeez.
xoxo Vic

Anonymous said...

lol. that's what happens when you have daughters!

hopefully she won't develop a taste for $200 jeans though! if it's any consolation, I never did. I'm all about the bargains! ;-)

Stacie said...

Too funny. I have learned that when they have an opinion about an article of clothing, there is little I can do to change it. Lucas's biggest fear is that he will look "weird." :) Kylah won't wear a thing with spaghetti straps (and don't so many adorable sundresses have those?) and Austin is very particular about plaids as well. He is a solid short man, unless it has subtle camo print. Fun to see them emerge. Love you guys!