Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm a Tourist

So in between the packing and figuring out what to send home we're doing a little sightseeing. there's still so much to see here and we're going to try to pack it in during our last three weeks here. Headed to the World of Birds (every time I say that I hear each word echo). Was recommended and it was nice. They don't just have birds but monkeys, gargantuan pelicans. These things were huge!!! Kevin kept telling me come look. I thought, "yeah, yeah, their big." Then I finally walked over and looked OMG!!
We also saw swans, meerkats, turtles and other animals. The coolest was the monkey that sat on Kevin's head. He was so happy, but a bit nervous. He's already had shots for rabies (long story) so he wasn't too scared.
Then we took some of the girls to Kirstenbosch - they had never been. They had a good time rolling down the steep slopes. I'll have to post some of those pics when I get a chance.
Emily had a blast chasing after some ducks. There was a juvenile that seemed to be enjoying the chase as well. The older duck kept quacking and finally stood his ground so we made her stop. Yep they were exhausted, as we all were.
Got to talk to my parents, but feel asleep before I could call back to the house to talk to everyone who would be at their house enjoying the traditional Thanksgiving feast. I was so glad to know that Joe & Jescel went. They were glad to have you and raved about the cheese cake and flan. So I'm expecting an encore for Christmas.
Here's some pics we uploaded to FB so take a gander (no pun intended LOL). Have a great weekend and see you very soon!

No comments: