Friday, December 12, 2008

Emily

I just had to blog cause she makes me laugh. Do all four-year-olds say such funny things? Do they all organize their lives in such sequences?
Its 8am here right now, most of you are in bed (though I caught Jescel still awake on Facebook!). So morning time means breakfast. This is always a dilemma because most often Emily wants "pancakes with syrup". Since I have to make most things homemade (no Eggos in South Africa) that can be a chore, especially when Katie's gotten me up at 5:30! But I digress.
They do have cereal here - its called Coco Puffs, but I promise you its not. Its similar, less sweet, which is a plus I guess, but the girls like it (so does daddy). So how do they eat their cereal? Well most times in a bowl with milk. Lately its been in their tea cups. They sit here with the box of cereal, scoop some into their tea cups and eat it. Now since its chocolate and my girls LOOOVVEEE chocolate, I have to keep an eye on the amount. So Emily made this statement this morning,
"We're going to have a tea party with our cereal. You will tell us when we ate too much and the tea party will be over."

I just laughed so hard. So matter-of-fact. She does this with other things as well. She'll ask me for lunch and then announce, "I will play on the computer, and when you finish my sandwich I will stop." Now I have to tell you, she doesn't stop. I have to yell at her to shut the lid and eat. She says this because this is what I've told her in the past - she could play on the computer while I make her lunch and then she has to stop to eat."
You see her with her newest friend, monkey. Got him at the Cape since we're leaving and she really, really wanted him. She usually doesn't get into stuffed animals and dolls, but she's been hanging on to this one. He sleeps with her and goes to the grocery store with her. This cause quite the attraction in the mall, this little girl with a monkey strapped around her. I've seen these in the States, guess they're not so familiar here.
Emily does say the funniest things and sometimes I have to hold myself back when disciplining her and not laugh at her remarks or explanations. I'm so excited for everyone to see how much she and Katie have grown and how fun and funny they can both be. I did post pics of Katie on our Facebook. But just wanted to share this randomness in our life this morning. Pray for our girls that they adjust well to being moved cross-country once again. I've been praying for God to just give them a sense of His peace despite the fact that they may not totally understand what's going on. XO

2 comments:

Joseph said...

hey holly.... i posted in here before jescel...hehe!
:OP
-- she always beats me to it.

Glad that you guys got to see some sights there b4 you return.

Joseph said...

hey holly.... i posted in here before jescel...hehe!
:OP
-- she always beats me to it.

Glad that you guys got to see some sights there b4 you return.