Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Meme of favorite things

Through my travels on the world wide web I have come across the term "meme". So I asked myself, what is a meme? Well here's the definition on dictionary.com:
n. A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.
WHAT?
The simplest definition I've found it that it is sharing information, usually about one's self, regarding likes, dislikes, and such. You pose a series of questions, about anything - even silly, weird things - and then answer them. Someone comes along, reads your answers and then feels compelled to do the same, thus "repeated action from one mind to another." So with that said here's the meme I found that interested me most and I hope to see it on your blog. So here are three things....

Three things that make me laugh
• My husband
• My children
• Alaskan Bull Worm episode of Spongebob Squarepants

Three things that make me cry
• Chick flicks
• Seeing harm come to a child
• A sappy commercial

Three things that scare me
• Gas stoves
• Too many birds in one spot
• Noises in the night

Three things I love (besides the obvious)
• Cold wind on my face
• The smell of good food cooking
• Swimming


Three things I'd like to learn
• How to play the cello
• To speak Hebrew
• Ballet (kudos to Heatherfor fulfilling her childhood dream)

Three favorite foods
• Mediterranean food
• Pasta
• Tomatoes

Three beverages I drink regularly
• Water
• Milk
• Hot tea

Three TV shows/books I watched/read as a kid
• Stephen King (fanatic read every book until I got into college)
• Speed Racer
• School books (yuck)

Three favorite movies
• Grease
• Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
• Sleeping Beauty

Leave a comment if you include this meme on your blog.

1 comment:

Jescel said...

if you like mediterranean food, then check out my blog...

meme..isn't that what your children call you? hehehehe...