Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's a sick, sick world


Yes, the virus demon has been attacking the Logans. It started with Emily almost a week and a half ago. She started out with a horsed voice and led to me with an ear infection. Almost a week ago Kevin started up and he's got a bacterial infection in his throat and sinuses. And Katie just started a few days ago. Luckily neither of the girls (so far) have developed anything more serious than very runny noses and a cough at night. Emily is completely over it, I think - at least 95% back to health. I have just one dose left of my antibiotic and Katie has one day left on her medicine and probably a few more days of breathing treatments. A humidifier is helping to control her cough during the night. Kevin just saw the doctor today, so he's just starting his meds. I guess we're too close of a family! :)

Here's a cute story though despite our illnesses. We have a small CD player in Emily's room. For quite a while now we have "the Ws" CD in it. It has nice dance music and so once in a while Emily says "let's dance to the moosik (phonetic Emily pronunciation). Well tonight we tried to explain that Daddy was sick, his body has an owie and he couldn't dance. So she gave him a kiss (cause that's what we do for owies) and then gave him a pill (just pretended to give him something) and declared, "Now you're all better." So Daddy sucked it up and danced a little since Dr. Emily had so successfully administered medicine to make her Daddy all better.

Can we hear a collective "ah"?

So please pray that we are healed quickly. We've been missing church, work, and very valuable play time.

4 comments:

Joseph said...

yeah, sorry to hear that my friends arent well. I missed hanging with you guys...Get better, Jescel's on her way next week...P-A-R-T-Y! woohoo! :O)

Anonymous said...

Just what? I joined the club. I was all day in bed yesterday but I'm much better now :) Hope Kevin gets better.
Love, Tati

Dave and Vicky said...

AAHH....
I think Joshy has it too.
I'm really over the sickness thing too.
Let us know what you need.

Jescel said...

hope you'd be all good when I get back next week, Lord willing. I'm developing a bit of cold here too.. Could it be your viruses??? heheheh...