Sunday, September 14, 2008

Daddy's Nightmare

Well it finally happened. The one thing I think every dad of a little girl dreads. The day when he is no longer the love of her life. The day she starts to notice that the boy she's known all her life is indeed a BOY! As we sat enjoying a nice lunch at our favorite family spot, Spier, it happened. As we sat soaking up the warm sun and enjoying God's creation, it happened.
"Hey, look its a boy," she commented.
And then the dreaded words…
"Hey, he's cute!"
OH NO! DID SHE JUST SAY WHAT I THINK SHE SAID???!!!
My wife tried to reassure me that it's not what I was thinking. Its like when we comment that a baby is cute or something they're doing is cute. It wasn't what I was thinking.
But it WAS a glimpse into the future. So who's this cute little boy that my Emily played with, took pictures with. They only thing we could get out of him was his name is Dan and he's 5.
As Holly let them take turns taking pictures he suggested she take a picture of them together. And so she did. So here's the little boy that my Emily thought was cute. She could do worse I guess. He had his own Au Pair, so it can't be all bad!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol..hey, I had my first crush when I was in pre-k. His name was Chase and I was smitten... Girls start young. ;-)
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

thanks. that doesn't help :P

Dave and Vicky said...

cute..j/k Kevin..
For the record, Jon is not jealous. He understands if Emily wants to see other boys while she lives abroad. But when she returns no boys other him .

Jescel said...

hahahha.. they all start young now, huh? but emily sure does have good taste :oD LOL...

Joseph said...

jes, you're just saying that b/c i mean your bias towards blond hair/light eyes men u know, j/k. seriously, i cant believe i'm not the first one to comment on this, after all omg, arent we like bff's? :O) really,it could be worse, hol & kev, she could've said, "He's cute...hope he's a registered DEMOCRAT", not that there's anything wrong with that??? love you guys!

Marcy Ribeiro said...

omg. this is way to cute... the way he has his arm around her and her on him... let me tell you, i had my first kiss in pre-k... we bumped into each other but i did have a super crush on francisco torres...lolol... but don't worry, i didn't kiss or date anyone after that until i met the man of my dreams- heredes... hehehehe... you guys are awesome!

Daniel "CHIEF" Brigham said...

I hope he has Job to support her!! Needs to buy her all the toys and candy that she wants. LOL!! Miss you guys!! Have you been able to watch heroes online!!