Thursday, August 21, 2008

After 15 years...

It finally happened! What you may ask? A major, but not life altering event. Here's the story...
Since Kevin and I have been married I have always been his personal hair dresser (know where this is going?). About every 3 to 4 months I get out the clippers and give his head a shave, only about 1/2 an inch. There are attachments so that you can cut the hair at the desired length. Well I have been doing this for 15 years! I can only think of two times in all these years that Kevin has paid someone to shave his head.
And so, it finally happened. I was tired, it was late, but he needed his hair cut desperately, and this was the time. But in my fatigue I forgot something very, very important - the attachment! And so I began to shave his head. I thought "wow, these are cutting really great." And then I realized my mistake. All I could say over and over as I laughed, "I'm so sorry."
So Kevin got up from the makeshift barber's chair to examine the damage in the mirror. He returned to hand me the camera, "you will blog about this," was all he said and sat down for the photo. Don't worry, he wasn't mad or upset. But he insisted that I just finish the job and shave him bald. NO WAY!!! "I can't" and I couldn't. I mean to do it in error is one thing, but to do it on purpose?! I just couldn't. So I found the shortest attachment - 3mm and finished the cut.
So the next morning he headed out to the local mall and bought himself a hat. Arsenal is the favorite soccer team in the area. But each time he's asked if he's an Arsenal fan, he just says, "not really."
That night, as Kevin dressed Emily for bed she proclaimed, "Daddy, you need a new hair style." Every one's a critic! LOL :)
And so there you have it. I've paid my dues by exposing my error and we're having a good laugh. See the pics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Well the good thing is its just hair and it will grow. Nice Hat. Thanks for the laugh. Tati

Anonymous said...

Hey Keeb,

I like the cut! Really it doesn't look bad on you reminds me of Matt Lauer from Today on NBC.

Love the hat!

Love,
Aunt Betty

Joseph said...

holly, what happened??? LOL, looks like he went to Obama's barber...hahaha, yeah, a DEMOCRATIC COMB-OVER! Thanks for the laugh, guys. Way Too Funny!