Monday, March 3, 2008

I wanna be like Jescel

LOL!

Since we're leaving for South Africa in about 10 days I'm trying to use up the food we have on hand. So the last "meat" items I found in the freezer was fish. Now, we're not fish people. I probably like it more than anyone in our house and I only like about 3 kinds of fish. So it's not something we eat too often. I do try because I know it's good for you, but you don't like what you don't like.

Anyway. How do I use this fish so everyone will like it. Getting my husband to eat fish is a chore. Getting my 3 and 1 year old to eat it as well.....

So I made pasta. Everyone's favorite. I was originally going to make Fish Parmegian, but the kids can be picky about that even if I do use chicken. So I opened up two cans of diced tomatoes (have a few more left) added some italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic and a little pepper and got that all heated up. Then I diced the fish and added it to the sauce. Just let it bubble slightly till the fish was cooked and wha-la.


My ingenuity (though I'm sure this is nothing new to those who actually eat fish on a more regular basis) made me think of Jescel and her food blog. So I took a picture. So here's to you Jescel. You are a spice of life!!!

PS The garlic bread was to help the fish taste go down easier though I used orange roughy which is less fishy tasting to begin with.

1 comment:

Jescel said...

hahahahaha.. this made my day! good job holly! it actually challenges you to be more creative with food knowing that you're going to take a picture of it :o) maybe you can take pics of SA foods too.