Monday, November 17, 2008

Bagels For Frannie

Well, the bagels were actually for Kevin, but Frannie (she's my cousin) seemed to be barraged with complaints of our lack of bagels. So I thought I'd send a bagel-gram her way. Yes, I made bagels. It was actually quite easy (as the recipe implies).
So what was for breakfast this morning? Yep, bagels. And a pre-dinner snack as well. So in two day we devoured 7 bagels (we had to test taste one once they were cool enough). One left for Mr. Kevin.
Now I just want to say that yes, we can purchase proper bagels here in South Africa. However the one deli that we know of is quite a distance away and getting there is not an easy task. And the shops that are close - well let's just say their idea of a bagel is anything but.
So Kevin got bagels, and hopefully Frannie will no longer have to "hear" his complaints.
(By the way, the pic is the bagels that I made!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great looking bagels, I think you may have found a new profession, now how about a cinnamon raisin one!
Love,
Aunt Betty