Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Everyday

Hello all. Well I thought while I had a few minutes I'd included just some random things. The first item I would like to dedicate to my Grandmother who will read this thanks to my cousin Frannie!! Thanks Fran for printing it out and mailing to her - means a lot to me!!!
Anyway, it has to do with the local paper. It's definitely done different here. First of note is the delivery. It comes about 5:30pm, not AM. So the paper is from all that has happened either later the previous day or early in the day. Secondly, it only comes Mon-Fri. Though Friday's has a nice Puzzle section that I use to relax, crosswords, sudoku and a few others. But we read every inch of it just to keep informed so we're getting our money's worth. Speaking of which, a young boy delivers the paper rain or shine and a few days ago it was raining fierce. We pay him each Friday and Kevin likes to give him a couple of Rand extra for his troubles.
A few weeks ago we went for what turned out to be a very long drive to see snow! (Told you it was cold here.) Though it doesn't snow in Mitchells Plain, it does on the mountains and was a rare occurrence in that the thing to do was go see it. So we drove into the town of Ceres, up into the mountain tops to see the white stuff. It was scarce, since it had been there a while and was beginning to melt. There was enough to enjoy a few snow balls and to build a very short snowman. The girls had a good time and that was the main reason we went.
Once last quick item - KATIE USED THE POTTY!!! Just yesterday (Sunday) she said, "I have to go pp on the potty" and ran for the bathroom. I helped her up and she did her business!! Look's like Emily's been instructing her well - LOL. Let's see if it continues or is a one off thing.
XO

3 comments:

Jescel said...

yey for Katie! you go girl.. lol... the snow looks beautiful. i'm glad that you guys are venturing out to go see places... miss ya.

Jescel said...

HAPPY 15TH (?) WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO YOU GUYS!! WOW! 15 YEARS, awesome!!!! Know that you are such a blessing and a great example to us.. Phil 1:3-6!

Joseph said...

Hey havent seen a snowball that big since I left Ohio...or the time Jescel threw me the cold shoulder, jk, haha. Is that a REBEL pic?