Sunday, August 19, 2007

First timer!

My very first blog. I don't even read blogs but Jescel's helping me. I'm not sure what to do with this, but I guess I'd better get up to speed huh! I'm the mommy of two girls, Emily 3 and Katie 1. Wife to hubby #1, the perfect, most handsome, great dresser, make you laugh so hard you cry Kevin. Once upon a time I was a graphic designer working with a design firm, working on large catalogs, brochures, even a few websites. Now just a full time mom. Hardest job yet!

I do miss working sometimes, but love being home with the girls. My Emily is just turning 3 and I'm still trying to get use to the fact that we have children period. We never planned on having kids, but left room for the Lord to work. After 10 years of marriage (just celebreated year 14, wow!) we found out we were having a baby. Actually thought I had the flu. Christmas eve I found out "no, your pregnant!" So Merry Christmas. Ms. Katie (now just a year old) was another blessed surprise. Since I knew what being pregnant felt like (nausea, extreme tiredness) I told Kevin. He thought I was being neurotic. (Am a bit of a hypochrondriac). Took a pregnancy test, yep pregnant. So the sweet couples life turned into mommy-daddy life two times over in less than two years. The only regret I have is I wish I had them sooner. I decided in middle school that I didn't want children. I like kids, believed in the miracle of having children- just didn't desire them for myself. Now that I have two wonderful little girls I wish I had them younger.

But glad we had the time to do things, like hike in Colorado, two mission trips to Cape Town South Africa and just do couple things like movies at midnight, sitting at the bookstore drinking tea and looking at books for free. But all in all, kids are great. I had a friend say that she loves each of her children (she's got 4) at the age they are now. I understand. The baby is walking better and better and so cute, but Emily says the funniest things and you have to laugh, even when you're trying to discipline!

Well, don't want to wear your eyes out on my first ever blog so I look forward to this new experience, maybe a new outlet for some of my thoughts and frustrations and whatevers.

3 comments:

Jescel said...

hey holly... welcome to the blogworld!:o)

Big Sister said...

thanks! I think I like it!!! :)

@heredes said...

Yay .... found ya here !! thanks for the comment - tell Kevin to keep praying though ;) or we'll stop too !! j/k